Support Social Studies Education in the Hudson Valley
We must remain vigilant in our support of advocacy efforts to retain quality social studies programs in New York State. There is statewide concern among social studies educators that the focus on Common Core skills in other areas has marginalized state support for the unique disciplines within the social studies curriculum. Membership in a regional organization such as MHSSC strengthens our voice and exerts pressure on elected officials.
This year in particular, please consider not only joining but becoming an active member by attending some of our meetings or volunteering to help with events.
Professional Membership - $20.00
Retired Teacher Membership - $5.00
Student Membership - $5.00
To become a member fill out the attached form Membership Google Form
At the bottom of the form you will see an address. Please mail membership fees to that address so your membership can become official.
By joining you will be gaining the following:
- Our published newsletter
- Regular updates on SED, NYSCSS and NCSS news through our workshops and links on Facebook and our web site
- Information regarding our workshops and conferences
- Links to local historical and college information.
- Information regarding scholarships, grants, professional development and teaching awards.
- Opportunities to network with other professionals